Monday, February 21, 2011

Where Am I? - My Thoughts

Tomorrow I will post the No Choices version of "Where Am I?"

At that point, I will probably take the four No Choices versions, merge them together, and edit until it really ties together well and reads better...

To be honest, I found the whole concept exciting.  It wasn't intentional originally, by the way, because I had no idea where the girl was when she woke up the first time.  Hell, I didn't even know she was going to be a girl.

I had nothing.  When she walked downstairs into the house I had no idea why she was there.  If she had turned right and walked into one of the rooms instead of going down the stairs, who knows what would have happened.  The interesting thing was writing at different times, and then having people who knew what was going on and people who had no idea.  She was supposed to know nothing, and so I tried to have her act as if she had no idea... and to the extent people acted that way it made it so much better.  That's why the last one actually worked... people ate the damn food and managed to get away with it.

In the last stories there were a lot of absolute pitfall moments as well... to be honest, when you ploughed through the gate with the BMW it was going to be a decision between Chris and yourself.  You both survived because of the poster who reminded me there was an extra gun available...  

The cool thing, at least for me, about these stories is it's not just an author writing.  Yeah, I write the options, but I also read what people are saying, and the option that is chosen dictates the story.  To the extent I offer real choices (which I try to do), and don't just push people into one thing, it's really not just my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment